By: Madeeha Araj,
The Israeli government is allocating budgets for settlement associations operating in the West Bank, including Jerusalem, of which the Settlement Association i.e. “the Preservation of National Land” that is active in evicting Palestinian citizens from their land and establishing settlement outposts in the territories. Knesset member from the “Jewish House”, Betzeliel Smutrich, a founder of the Association that leads a campaign to evacuate the Palestinian Susya village in the mountains south of Hebron. It also evacuated the Zarnoq village in the Negev. Within the context, the Civil Administration’s negotiations with the Bedouin villages in the West Bank were halted due to pressure from Regavim, which described officer, Dov Zadka, who conducted negotiations on behalf of the occupation authorities as “an extremist from the left.
Since Donald Trump and the extreme right wing came to the White House, the Israeli government has been investing the colonial and racial values of the two administrations in the United States and Israel to impose more facts on the ground that will ever destroy all chances of progress towards a comprehensive and balanced political settlement to the Israeli – Palestinian conflict through pushing the so-called map of Israel’s spatial interests in Judea and Samaria to develop the colonial settlement project in 3 main directions: the development of Greater Jerusalem – mainly eastward towards the Dead Sea, the development of the corridors from the coastal strip to the Jordan Valley, settlement, Judaization and ethnic cleansing carried out by Israel in the so-called Greater Jerusalem. Israeli Deputy Foreign Minister, Eli Ben Dahan said during a closed session for the Jewish community bloc that a 4-5 secret committee staff affiliated to the Israeli Army Ministry is preparing a secret plan to launder the settlement outposts in the West Bank and started mapping about 70 outpost for that, besides escalating settlement in the Jordan Valley within a plan to join 4 settlement of Shadimot Mekhola, Rotem, Givat Silit and Maskiot together within a large settlement bloc, to be the first settlement city established by the occupation on the lands of the northern Jordan Valley in order to judaize the Jordan Valley and uproot the Palestinian presence there.
The Israeli army issued a military order to establish a settlement outpost in the Eish Alghorab area in Beit Sahour In the Bethlehem Governorate , linking it with the nearby settlements until it reaches Jerusalem. According to the Israeli army’s decision, a road linking the Eish Alghorab area to the east of Beit Sahour and the bypass settlement built on the land of the east Bethlehem villages, which connects the settlement with the the Har Homa settlement of, located in the outskirts of Jerusalem. In the notification order to the Beit Sahour municipality to the opening of a 670-meter-long road, but the most dangerous step in this according to the Beit Sahour municipality, is that the occupation forces want to confiscate the occupation used it as an army camp during the second intifada and abandoned it several years ago.
According to the National Bureau for Defending Land and Resisting Settlements , settlement groups called “the movement of the Jewish Authority in the West Bank” formed field teams to monitor and photograph the Palestinian demonstrators during confrontations with the Israeli occupation army, in an attempt to facilitate targeting, the demonstrators and to arrest or impose punitive measures on them. The groups said that their aim is to facilitate the process of pursuing the Palestinian demonstrators. The groups are equipped with advanced cameras, and they are currently training their personnel on the mechanisms of documenting the confrontations and providing them to the Israeli occupation army.
With the Israeli occupation army’s plan to ethnic cleansing and isolating the Jerusalem and continuing to build the apartheid wall and the possibility of imposing military rule and transferring of security responsibility, the Israeli army is considering the imposition of military control on the 20 isolated villages, and to confiscate identities of some Jerusalemites. particularly those living in Qalandiya, Eizariya, Kafr Aqab, Al-Toor as well as the Shuafat Refugee Camp.
A list of Assaults Documented by the National Bureau by Israeli Occupation and Settlers over the last week:
- Demolishing a house in the Beit Hanina neighbourhood under the pretext of having no building permit.
- Digging huge tunnels under occupied Jerusalem to solve the problem of insufficient graves to bury dead settlers.
- Throwing stones at a number of vehicles and chant racist slogans at the Beit Iksa village.
- Excavating in the Wadi al-Rababah neighbourhood, south of the Al-Aqsa Mosque, to build a “tourist bridge” for pedestrians, linking the area with the Al-Buraq Wall.
- Distributing demolition orders to a number of houses under the pretext of building without permits.
- Attacking several houses in the Al-Ras and Wadi Al-Husain area, next to the al-Rajabi building, injuring a number of citizens who counters settler attacks on their homes.
- Handing over to stop building mosque, a room and solar cells in the Yatta town, and erecting barbed wires in the town.
- Handing over a notification order to Moh’d Ali Jaber Dabasah to stop construction in a room and solar cells in the Khallet al-Dab’a area, east of Yatta, south of Hebron.
- Erecting barbed wires on lands belonging to the families of Mor, Abu Qbeitah, Shreitah and Maghnam in the Tuwana village, east of Yatta.
- Issuing military order to erect a settlement nucleus in the Eish Alghorab area in Beit Sahour, linking it by a road with the settlement of Har Homa, which is built on a private Palestinian land.
- Orders to demolish a house under construction, belonging to citizen from the Artas village, and another order to demolish a well for collecting rainwater in the Khallet al-Nahla area south of Bethlehem under the pretext of not having a permit.
- Order to confiscate some 10 donums in the Khalit al-Looz area east of Bethlehem under security reasons.
- Breaking into the Al-Tahdhi School 5 in the Zawahra neighborhood in Beit Ta’mir village, east of Bethlehem governorate, they broke a door and destroyed a tent there.
- Destroying 110 olive trees in the Howara town, south of Nablus, in the area of Al-Lahaf.
- Attacked the Urif village, south of Nablus, confrontations took place between the residents and the settlers following an attack on the Monir Al-Nouri’s house, they also burnt agricultural tractor belonging to him.
- Leveling a land near the Burin village Secondary School in order to erect a 250-meter fence, and announcing to seize about 30 donums of land belonging to the village.
- Threatening to expel residents of Khirbet Al-Marjam, near Duma south of Nablus, and to demolish their homes. More than 100 Palestinians are living in there, and are subject to displacement.
- Opening settlement road between the Tal and Farata towns in order to expand the Gilad settlement outpost on the land of Tal and Jeet in the northern West Bank, setting up tents and leveling a land to open a road between Far’ata and Tal, which means connecting Havat Gilad outpost with Kadumim settlement built on a private Palestinian land near Kafr Qadum.
- Wounding a number of citizens with rubber-coated metal bullets, scores suffocated during confrontations in the Azzoun town east of Qalqiliya.
- Demolishing 3 houses belonging to Ahmad Nasr Jarar, Ali Khaled Jarrar and Isma’il Nasr Jarrar during their aggression on Wad Burqin area west of Jenin. 2 bulldozers demolished the houses after 30 military vehicles attacked them with heavy machine guns, arresting 2 young men working at the Haifa Petrol Station.
For further information, please click the following link: www.nbprs.ps