By: Madeeha Araj,
The National Bureau for Defending Land and Resisting Settlements said in his weekly report that according to data published by the Israeli Central Bureau of Statistics showed that the Netanyahu’s Government has established during the last decade 7 new settlements in the occupied West Bank, including 6 “settlement towns” and one settlement bloc named “Modi’in,” besides a “settlement town” in the occupied Jerusalem, including the expansion of existing illegal settlements and outposts.
Within the context, a recent report, issued by B’Tselem stated that the Israeli Supreme Court is legitimizing Jewish settlement in the occupied West Bank, including East Jerusalem, which contravenes international law. According to B’Tselem, Israel has established 2 judicial systems i.e. a civilian system for the settlers, and a military one for the Palestinians. The report confirmed that the “supreme” administration adopts the 80-year ago structural schemes of the British Mandate, which does not suit the current situation.
The Kerem Nebot organization stated that the Settlement Department granted housing loans from the public funds for illegal construction, as is the case in the illegal settlement of Eli. Documents of the Israeli Land Registrar showed that in 2010, Settlement Department Histadrut Branch granted a loan to a settler and his wife, although it is not allowed to give loan to illegal houses. This is not the first time that the department gives loans to build illegal settlements and outposts.
It is known that since the 1990s, the Settlement Department has helped establish many settlement outposts throughout the West Bank, including the Sakari farm, the Itamar farm, Giv’at Awalam, Amona, and others, and granted housing loans to settlers from the public funds, as is the case in the Itamar settlement south of the city Nablus. There is a plan to raise the number of settlers in the West Bank to 2 million, and to build good large settlements in all areas of the occupied West Bank.
The Knesset speaker, Adelstein, besides a number of ministers and members of Knesset, of whom, Israel Katz, Yevin Levin, Gilad Aradan, Ayelet Shaked, Naftali Bent, Miriam Regev, and Ayoub Karra signed a pledge, which includes the housing of 2 million settlers in the West Bank, and pledges to work on “liberating” land in the West Bank, and work to cancel the declaration of 2-state solution, ahead of the elections to be held on next April 9th, 2019s, in order to gain the votes of the Israelis, specifically, the settlers. Within the context, Minister of Tourism, Yariv Levin affirmed that the government’s goal is to accelerate settlement construction in the in the West Bank in order to absorb one million Jewish settlers soon.
On the other hand, the so-called Central Area Commander of the Israeli army, General Fadan, toured the settlement council of “Beit El” in the West Bank and surveyed during the visit the most important threats and security challenges facing the settlers in there, and the requirements needed to provide security. The so-called “Planning and Building Committee” in the municipality of the occupation in Jerusalem approved a plan to build 13 settlement units west of Sheikh Jarrah, in the occupied Jerusalem. Thus, dseize more than 1,000 dunums of agricultural land, including olive trees, and homes for the Palestinians at the Khallet Abed, southeast of Jerusalem.
In the Nablus governorate, the archaeological site of Khirbat al-Qasr, located south of Jalod village south of Nablus, was attacked repeatedly by settlers, which led to the alteration of its archaeological features in the basin 18 of the village. The pictures showed that settlers uprooted dozens of olive trees, figs and almond trees planted in Khirbet-Qasr 100 years ago, and razed areas to celebrate there. The “Khirbet-Qasr” is surrounded by three settlement outposts “Kida, ehia and ISH-qodish, which include a number of caves and ancient water wells. K nowing that the Khirbet-Qasr area is aout 50 dunums, in addition to hundreds of agricultural land that surround it. It is belonging to the Ahmad Mah’d Salman Abbad. The occupation has prevented citizens from reaching this area since 2001, under the pretext that it is close to the outposts.
In Salfit Governorate, a plan was uncovered to bulldoz hundreds of dunums of agricultural land in the villages and towns of Salfit to expand settlement. The municipality of Kafel Hares received a plan to construct a sewage line that passes through the land of a number of the town’s citizens north of Salfit. Including the destruction of some 22 dunums of Palestinian land planted with of olive trees.
A list of Israeli Occupation and Settlers’ Assaults over the Last Week, Documented by the National Bureau:
- Forcing Majdi Abu Tayeh, from the town of Silwan to demolish his house himself in Bidya otherwise he has to pay fines if the Israeli bulldozers do that. Sa’id Sarhan was also forced to demolish a room from his house in the same area under the same pretext.
- Besieging the Disi Mosque in Al-Sharaf neighborhood in occupied Jerusalem and demanded its closure.
- Invading the village of Issawiya, located northeast of the occupied city, and distributed demolition orders, photographing a number of Palestinian facilities under the pretext of not having licenses.
- Storming Al-Marah Mosque in Deir Dibwan village east of Ramallah, writing racist slogans calling for the killing of the Arabs, and painted the star of “David” on the walls of the mosque. Moreover, fficial of the so-called central military area officer at the Israeli army, Nadaf Badan, also signed an order to demolish the house of Assem Barghouthi.
- Handing over 2 orders to stop work at the home of Moh’d Ali Jaber Dabasah, in the Khallet-Daba area, located between the settlements of Maon, Matspey Yair, and Avigal, which is located on an occupied land of the Masafer Yatta.
- Breaking into the Roman area near the town of Yatta, erected a mobile home aiming to establish an outpost. Furthermore, a group of settlers from the settlement of Maon uprooted more than 23 olive seedlings in the Hamra area, east of Yatta, south of Hebron.
- Attacking elder lady, Zainab Abu Srour, 62, and her two sons, Ahmed, and ‘Abdul Qader, took measurements of the house.
- Distribution orders in lands located in Um-Natour area in the town of Janat, southeast of Bethlehem, in which they threatened citizens not to deal with human rights activists.
- Storming the forested areas near Khirbat Mas’ud in Yabed town, south of Jenin, trying to annex these forested areas to the settlement on the road between Yabad and Tulkarm.
- Setting up pillars inside the agricultural land on the main road between Tulkarm and Jenin, along the “Mapo Dotan” and “Hermesh” settlements, in order to monitor Palestinians movement there.
- Breaking into the areas of the Ras Ahmar near Tubas in an attempt to impose facts on the ground, and change the features of the area, where it became as a real battlefield due to the occupation army training, 50 families were notified to be displaced on the 6th and 12th of this month.
- Uprooting 100s of olive trees in the village of Bardala in the northern Jordan Valley, about 3 dunams, under the pretext that it is a State land.
- Assaulting sheepherders in the Farsseieh area to the north of the Valley under the protection of Israeli occupation forces.