الرئيسية / مقالات وتقارير / تقرير الاستيطان / Israeli Government Celebrates the 50th Anniversary of Encroaching the Palestinian Land
A labourer works atop a roof at a construction site in the West Bank Jewish settlement of Maale Adumim near Jerusalem in this June 7, 2012 file picture. Israel plans to build 3,000 new homes for its settlers in the occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem in defiance of a U.N. vote implicitly recognising Palestinian statehood there, Israeli media reported on November 30, 2012. REUTERS/Ronen Zvulun/Files (WEST BANK - Tags: BUSINESS CONSTRUCTION POLITICS)

Israeli Government Celebrates the 50th Anniversary of Encroaching the Palestinian Land

By: Madeeha Araj,

The Israeli occupation government celebrated last week the so-called “the golden jubilee of liberating Judea and Samaria, the Golan and the Golan Heights,” thus, violated all international law and legitimacy resolutions. The celebration took place at Gush Etzion settlement bloc, attended by Israeli political and military leaders, boycotted by all diplomatic and international bodies operating in Israel, which the Netanyahu government was very keen to join its celebration.

During the ceremony to continue settlement construction in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, Netanyahu pledged not to dismantle any settlement or outpost, but to build 3,000 housing units after the end of the week. In an exclusive interview with the head of the Likud branch in Jerusalem, the contractor Ilan Gordo, who said that construction should be as quickly as possible in the settlement of “Giv’at Hamatos” that built on the Beit-Safafa land, and strengthening settlement everywhere in Jerusalem.

Although the US ambassador David Friedman, who participated in the celebrations explained that the settlements “as part of Israel,” and stressed that there should be expansion towards the West Bank, but not necessarily towards all areas of the West, and this is what Israel did exactly, “claiming that” Israel controls only 2% of the West Bank. Moreover, Friedman expressed his understanding of settlements and guarantee their security.

During his meeting with the Council of Settlements, Netanyahu said, that he met with Friedman and the special envoy of the US president, Jason Greenblatt, and that he “succeeded in convincing the Americans that there is no difference between the settlement blocs and settlements and he reviewed building plans in settlements that would include the construction of 3,000 housing units be approved after Jewish holidays.

The Israeli municipality plans to start construction of new settlement neighborhood southeast of Gilo in East Jerusalem, named “Green Gilo.” it will include 3,000 housing units and will be built on specially designated land. The Minos group is working on a project to prepare for a detailed structural plan and obtained the approval of structural plans from the local committee for organization and construction. The conditions have recently been presented to the Regional Planning and Building Committee. The plan covers 270 donums, where 3000 housing units can be built on them.

On the other hand, work began on a new project in the Pisgat Zeev settlement, where Euro Israel co. confirmed that it received building permits to the Eurosagat Zeev project, which includes the construction of 122 housing units. The project is located on a street parallel to the light train track near Kenyon Pisgat Zeev. it also includes 4 buildings each of them 11 floors, and is expected to be ready in 2020. The marketing of the project began last June and dozens of housing units were sold. The company is also building 4 settlement projects in Jerusalem, 2 projects in Pisgat Ze’ev, including 122 housing units, others in “Pisgat Hiro”, which includes 24 housing units and the “Borogold” project in “Har Homa” settlement, including the construction of 32 housing units in “Ariel” settlement and 96 units in Modi’in.

The National Bureau for Defending Land and Resisting Settlements condemned the Israeli government’s celebrating the 50-year of thefting of the Palestinian land, and the statements by the US ambassador in Tel Aviv, and called for referring the settlement crimes to the International Criminal Court, and requested the General Prosecutor to immediately refer its request to the Judicial Division to investigate Netanyahu and his government for the crimes of settlement. The Bureau also called on the international community to intervene to enforce the resolutions of international legitimacy, which Israel rejects, including the recent UN Security Council resolution 2334, which condemned settlement and called on Israel with an overwhelming majority to stop it in the occupied West Bank, particularly East Jerusalem, and considered it as null and illegal.

A list of the Assaults Documented by The National Bureau Perpetrated by Israeli Occupation and Settlers over the last week:

Jerusalem:

 Demolishing Palestinian homes and handing over new demolition orders to citizens in the Issawiya town in East Jerusalem, the homes belonging to the families of Abu Turk, Mustafa and Muheisen.
 Demolishing several houses in the Silwan town, south of the Al-Aqsa Mosque, and bulldozing a land belonging to Abdul Nasser Muhaisin, and demolishing a livestock and birds rooms before being evacuated, besides breaking fences in his land.
 Demolishing a house belonging to the Abu Turk family, bulldozing a land planted with olive trees, as well as a container.
 Bulldozing land and walls belonging to Abu Tayeh family in Khala’at Al-Ayn area in the Tur village, east of Jerusalem, and severely beaten the owner.
 Invading a number of Palestinian facilities in the Matar neighborhood, north of Jerusalem and took measurements to demolish them. According to the mayor of Kafr Aqeb, Imad Awad, the occupation army broke into 4 buildings in Al-Matar neighborhood, pointing out that these buildings belong to the Shehada and Salaima families.
 Bulldozing lands and opening a road near the Hizma town, northeast of Jerusalem city.

Hebron:
 Wounded, Ahmed Atif Mutawar, 17 years old from the Sa’ir town east of Hebron, he was hit by a car driven by a settler. Female student, Tamara Anwar Ahmad Thawabte, 21, from Beit Fajjar, was hit, too.

 Attacking citizens, Adham Ahmad Shawahin, (25 years old, Qosai Ayed Shawahin, 17 and Eid Shawahin, 42, they were severely beaten by Israeli occupation soldiers.
 Throwing stones against Palestinian vehicles near the Bani Naim and Yatta towns by settlers of the so-called “Kiryat Arba” settlement in Hebron.
 Demolishing a 150-sq.m. barracks in Beit Umar, near Hebron, belonging to Saber Zamel Abu Mariya, despite the fact that he has a decision from the Israeli Supreme Court to use it.

Bethlehem:
 Pumping waste-water in agricultural land in the Khader town’s lands, south of Bethlehem, which led to the dumping and destroying a large parts of the fruitful trees.
 Preventing citizen, Ramzi Qaysieh from renovating his land and building retaining walls in the Beit Jala town, west of Bethlehem.

Nablus:
 Setting fire to fields planted with olive trees belonging to the Kafr Qalil village, near Hawara checkpoint south of Nablus by Bracha settlers.
 Bulldozing large areas in the Deir al-Hatab village, east of Nablus.
 Armed settlers gathered at the entrance to Hawara town, chanting anti-Palestinian slogans.

Salfet:
 Closing the shops in the main road of Kafr Dik village, bulldozing a laundry floor, belonging to Amer Khalil Abd Al-Ilah, under the pretext of being located in the C area.
 Uprooting olive trees, and completely obliterating the features of a land in the Deir Balout town.
 Controlling the entry and exit of citizens to their land inside the wall. The farmers whose lands lie behind the wall are explained that they can’t harvest their olive trees for this season because of that.

Tulkarm:
 Uprooting dozens of fruit trees during a bulldozing process of the land of the citizens under the pretext of expanding Nablus – Tulkarm St., near the Beit Leid Junction west of Nablus..
 Closing the Shofa – Kafr El-Labad agricultural road, preventing1 citizens from reaching their land.

Jordan Valley:

 Confiscating 3 transportation vehicles and 2 tractors working at the agricultural area of the Ras Ahmar area, south of Tubas. They also confiscated agricultural tractor with water tank belonging to Jamil Khadairat from Bardala village. Moreover, they spoiled a water line feeding the Attof village south of Tubas Governorate.

Jenin:

 Destroying a 400 meters long and 3 meters high wire-fence erected around agricultural land in the Ya’bad town southwest of Jenin. Citizens expressed their fear that the Israeli occupation forces would confiscate and isolate the lands behind the wall to expand the “Mapduthan settlement” that built on their land.

عن nbprs

شاهد أيضاً

تقرير الاستيطان الاسبوعي من 7/10/2017-13/10/2017

تقرير الاستيطان الاسبوعي من 7/1/2017-13/1/2017 اعداد : مديحه الاعرج/المكتب الوطني للدفاع عن الارض ومقاومة الاستيطان …